Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to update Collection using HibernateTemplate, without previously retriving it??? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to update Collection using HibernateTemplate, without previously retriving it???

I just cannot figure out how to perform this.... I believe it is 'catch' somewhere, but I simply could find answer neither on the google nor in the books
    Please help!
    SImply, I have an Entity who hold a collection of Objects, in relation One-To-Many unudurectional.
    The fetchType is set to LAZY. (so I do not want to retrieve 1000 objects each time, right.)
    However, NO MATTER what method I use to update collection ( I am using HibernateTemplates) at the moment when I try
    Code:
     user.getPhone().add(new Phone());
    the lazy exception has been thrown, appointing that collection isn't loaded from database. That is OK (and expected behavior because I do not want to load), I just want to UPDATE.

I have 1000 objects in the collection, and I want to add another one.
    How to perform such a thing, without retrieving all collection data ???
    I do not believe that I must each time retrieve that collection, in order to update it ?!
    An example of solution, would be more than welcome !

I have been wrestling with this problem for a few days ((
    Thanks in advance !

hi guys, this question is only related to usage of Spring's HibernateTemplates, and getting :
    Code:
    2011-06-19 01:32:26,086 ERROR org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException [LazyInitializationException.java <init> 42] --->>> could not initialize proxy - no Session 
    org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - no Session
    \
    If I use HibernateSession directly, I got no exceptions, if I do it in the same session.
    So, what is about HibernateTemplate issue?

Comment

You need to set trasaction attribute on the method where you are performing this operation, this will ensure that the session is open.

Comment

Thank you rishishehrawat. I have just worked by using directly Session from HibernateDaoSupport, but I will probably stay with your solution...Much more 'cleaner' usage...

Comment

Working...
        X