X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible memory leak -org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl

I am having a spring hibernate webapplication which runs on jboss server. I have noticed JVM Free memory decreasing drastically in a weeks time since i start the server .
    and jvm thread count goes up. I have run heap dump on eclipse memory analyzer and it list -org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl as prime suspect . My application connect to three different database and hence having three sessionFactories. Can anybody tell me why this happens
    Thanks & Regards
    AnujAttachment Attachment
    Attached Files

Hello

If you could post each SessionFactory would be nice, I guess you are working with Pools for each DB, Am I correct?, furthermore I could assume that some special parameters for your jboss server are setting, like Tomcat for example about the heap sizes

Comment

Hello,

thank you for the reply.

Follwing is the structure of my sessionFactory
      <bean id="sessionFactoryRefOne"
      class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSes sionFactoryBean">

<property name="dataSource">
      <ref bean="dataSourceRefOne" />

</property>

<property name="mappingResources">
      <list>
      <value>com/gen/generic.hbm.xml</value>
      <value>com/gen/trasact.hbm.xml</value>
      </list>
      </property>
      <property name="hibernateProperties">
      <props>
      <prop key="hibernate.dialect">
      org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
      </prop>
      <prop key="hibernate.show_sql">true</prop>
      <prop key="hibernate.cache">false</prop>
      <!-- <prop key="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache">true</prop> -->
      <prop key="hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer">fal se</prop>
      <prop key="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.NoC acheProvider</prop>
      <prop key="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache">false </prop>

</props>
      </property>
      </bean>

I have two other similar sessionfactory defined in my application each refering a different datasource. datasource is managed by jboss itself.
      in jboss i've given xms and xmx as 3GB.

Thank & Regards
      Anuj

Comment

I am also facing the same issue. are you able to solve this issue?

Comment

I am able to fix the issue. The following is the root cause:

Starting from Spring 1.2.6 release, this default connection release mode changed from ‘auto’ to ‘close’ while using LocalSessionFactoryBean. So spring sets this mode to "on_close" instead of "auto".

As per spring specification at http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ctoryBean.html

"Note that this factory will use "on_close" as default Hibernate connection release mode, unless in the case of a "jtaTransactionManager" specified, for the reason that this is appropriate for most Spring-based applications (in particular when using Spring's HibernateTransactionManager). Hibernate 3.0 used "on_close" as its own default too; however, Hibernate 3.1 changed this to "auto" (i.e. "after_statement" or "after_transaction"). "

How to Fix It:

You can fix this issue by overriding the property <prop key="hibernate.connection.release_mode">after_stat ement</prop> under sessionFactory hibernate settings. you can set the value to after_statement/auto/after_transaction.

Comment

Working...
          X