Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
SpringDataJpa - Cannot use Pageable with an Entity that has a composite key & Oracle Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringDataJpa - Cannot use Pageable with an Entity that has a composite key & Oracle

This is a Spring Data JPA issue. When using Pageable with Oracle & Hibernate on an Entity where the primary key is a composite, I get an error : java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis (stack trace below). The Entity uses a @EmbeddedId that has a primary key class of two Strings. It seems like any Entity with a composite ID fails for me, when using Pageable

The call fails with a:
    Code:
    findAll(new PageRequest(0,20))
    I'm using Spring-Data-Jpa 1.0.0.M2 release, Hibernate 3.6.4.Final (also tried 3.5.6-Final), and Oracle 11r2

After some debugging, the Simple JPA Repository readPage method does a
    Code:
    Long total = getCountQuery(spec).getSingleResult();
    If you use a findAll(Pageable pageable) the getCountQuery ends up looking like:
    Code:
    CriteriaBuilder builder = em.getCriteriaBuilder();
    CriteriaQuery<Long> query = builder.createQuery(Long.class);
    Root<LabOrderCode> root = query.from(LabOrderCode.class);
    query.select(builder.count(root)).distinct(true);
    Long result = (Long) em.createQuery(query).getSingleResult();
    This code fails with Oracle but works with HSQL. I would think we want the Query to look like
    Code:
    select count(*) as result from (select distinct ....
    Can anyone PLEASE HELP? Is this a Hibernate issue or is there some plans to work around this issue? Is there anything more I can do to help?

Thanks,

Bucky Buchanan

Generate SQL Code:
    Code:
    Hibernate: 
        select
        from
            ( select
                distinct count((laborderco0_.ANCILLARY_ABBR,
                laborderco0_.ORDER_CODE)) as col_0_0_ 
            from
                LAB_ORDER_CODE laborderco0_ ) 
        where
            rownum <= ?
    ERROR - ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis
    Stack trace:
    Code:
    org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not execute query; SQL [select distinct count((laborderco0_.ANCILLARY_ABBR, laborderco0_.ORDER_CODE)) as col_0_0_ from LAB_ORDER_CODE laborderco0_]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:629)
    	... lots more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)
    	at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:316)
    	at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:282)
    	at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:639)
    	at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:185)
    	at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.execute_for_describe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:503)
    	... lots more

I am experiencing similar behavior. Interested to see if this is an edge case.

Comment

Composite key paging issue

We could not use findAll(pageable) so we had to write hand coding to fetch the list of records then sublist and create a page.
      this is a bad work-around and we need to know if findAll(pageable) will still work with composit primary keys--basically the wrong formation of count query (is there a fix >> ???)

PLEASE GUIDE

Comment

Working...
      X