X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Autowired and repositories

I have created a repository CarRepository that extends JpaRepository<Car, Long>. I also have a test where I declare a member variable of type CarRepository and tag it as @Autowired. The test runs fine.

Now I want to use this repository from another module (not a test). In the class where I will load Car objects I declare a CarRepository variable and also have a setter method for it; my goal is to inject this dependency. In my application-context.xml I define a bean of class CarRepository; everything seems ready to rock. But when I run this code, I get the following exception:

Could not instantiate bean class [CarRepository]: Specified class is an interface
    Of course, one of the great things about Spring Data is the ability to define repositories as interfaces and not having to write a single line of code in an implementing class. What is the obvious thing I am missing?

You cannot define a bean with an interface...

data-jpa will create the implementation and will declare the implementation in spring repository.

I don't know the norm used, but try to inject your beans with 'ref="CarRepositoryImpl"' without declaring CarRepositoryImpl bean. (or set log of your test to debug to view which object are added in the repository)

Comment

The Spring Data Repository beans are registered under the simple repository interface's name (as stated in the reference documentation [1]). So you should be able to simply reference a
      Code:
      carRepository

[1] http://static.springsource.org/sprin...e/html/#d0e351

Comment

Thanks for all the hints. That last one by Oliver was the one that solved it for me. I also printed the Spring Data reference and am reading it right now.

I am loving Spring Data (JPA) / Hades. I heard about it for the first time at TSS-JS in Prague in 2009, but only now I am seeing its full potential.

Thanks again and best regards.

Comment

Working...
        X