Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LogConfigurationException after upgrade to hibernate 3.5.6-Final Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LogConfigurationException after upgrade to hibernate 3.5.6-Final

Hi everyone,

in a JEE project with Spring 2.5.6, Hibernate 3.2.6.ga and Oracle 11.1.0.7.0, we are going through a technology upgrade phase.

The first thing we did was to upgrade the Oracle-JDBC driver to 11.2.0.2.0.
    To resolve some problems we needed to upgrade to Hibernate 3.5.6-Final.
    To make this upgrade possible we needed slf4j, which we did not use before.

We still use and will be using Spring 2.5.6 in our application.

And now we encounter with the problem:

After starting our server (weblogic-10.3).
    We get the following errors:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at
    org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.createContextLoader(ContextLoaderListener.java :53)
    at
    org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 44)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContex tListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:465)
    at
    weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Un known Source)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyCont extCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:175)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:1784)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.sta rt(WebAppServletContext.java:3000)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContex ts(WebAppModule.java:1371)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAp pModule.java:468)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriv er$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:205)
    at
    weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.next State(StateMachineDriver.java:37)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriv er.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:60)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDri ver.start(ScopedModuleDriver.java:201)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerI nvoker.start(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:118)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriv er$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:205)
    at
    weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.next State(StateMachineDriver.java:37)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriv er.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:60)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.StartModulesFlo w.activate(StartModulesFlow.java:28)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$2.nex t(BaseDeployment.java:636)
    at
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activ ate(BaseDeployment.java:212)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.SingleModuleDeployme nt.activate(SingleModuleDeployment.java:16)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateCheck er.activate(DeploymentStateChecker.java:162)
    at
    weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainer Invoker.activate(AppContainerInvoker.java:79)
    at
    weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeploym ent.activate(BasicDeployment.java:184)
    at
    weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeploym ent.activateFromServerLifecycle(BasicDeployment.ja va:361)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentAdap ter$1.doActivate(DeploymentAdapter.java:52)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentAdap ter.activate(DeploymentAdapter.java:196)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.AppTransition$ 2.transitionApp(AppTransition.java:31)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDepl oyments.transitionApps(ConfiguredDeployments.java: 233)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDepl oyments.activate(ConfiguredDeployments.java:170)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDepl oyments.deploy(ConfiguredDeployments.java:124)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServ erService.resume(DeploymentServerService.java:174)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServ erService.start(DeploymentServerService.java:90)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemReq uest.java:64)
    at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread. java:201)
    at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java :173)

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcepti on: User-specified log class 'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLo
    ger' cannot be found or is not useable.
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.dis coverLogImplementation(LogFactoryImpl.java:874)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.new Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:604)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.get Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:336)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.get Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:310)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFa ctory.java:685)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.<cli nit>(ContextLoader.java:146)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.createContextLoader(ContextLoaderListener.java :53)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 44)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContex tListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:465)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Un known Source)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyCont extCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:175)

It's a very urgent technical problem in our application. Any idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by villandry; Apr 15th, 2011, 07:03 AM.

The real question is : what is the connection with spring-data?

I'm guessing your log system is log4j, so did the following dependencies are in your application :
    log4j
    slf4j-log4j12
    slf4j-api
    jcl-over-slf4j

and you can remove commons-logging.

Comment

Originally posted by gwa View Post
      The real question is : what is the connection with spring-data?

I'm guessing your log system is log4j, so did the following dependencies are in your application :
      log4j
      slf4j-log4j12
      slf4j-api
      jcl-over-slf4j

and you can remove commons-logging.
      yes, we've already included the jars you mentioned in WEB-INF/lib. As they're somewhat similar, I thought about a conflict and aglso tried whether I could remove one of them but without any effort. I still cannot get rid of the error.

What did you mean by "connection with the spring data"? For the database connection we're using a DriverManagerDataSource-Bean. The other pojo and command classes are all configured as normal spring beans and using spring injections.

Comment

I mean your question is not at the right place.

Your not in the spring core forum. It is the spring-data forum.

Anyway, have you tried to remove jcl-over-slf4j and add commons-logging?

Comment

Originally posted by gwa View Post
          I mean your question is not at the right place.

Your not in the spring core forum. It is the spring-data forum.
          eh... sorry, I'm quite new here. I read the forum description "support for JDBC, Hibernate, JPA, iBatis, NoSQL..." and thought maybe I could just write it here because it was a problem about ojdbc driver, hibernate, etc.

Anyway I think we've solved the problem. We excluded the xmlapi.jar from hibernate 3.5.6-Final and included ehcache 1.5.0.jar (it's a little bit strange though, 'coz we have already hibernate-ehcache.jar included...). Now it's working perfectly. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X