Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanFactoryPostProcessor disable @Autowired annotation

Hi,

I try to implement a BeanFactoryPostProcessor that generate BeanDefinition beans in the Spring Context, and to do that I need to get spring beans wiche are already reference by annotation like @component.

So I write this code in my BeanFactoryPostProcessor :
    beanFactory.getBean("myfirstbean");

But if I do this, all attributs of "myfirstbean" annotate with @Autowired are null and so I have error like NullPointerException...
    I don't understand the link between the call of beanFactory.getBean() in the BeanFactoryPostProcessor and the execution of AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor!

I create a very simple maven project to reproduce the problem with a Junit test, it can be download here : http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/8kqa15fd
    Utilisateur : gblp98g3
    Mot de passe : v8ir2k7q

also the code is:
    @Component(value="myfirstbean")
    public class MyFirstBean {

@Autowired
    public MySecondBean secondBean;

public MyFirstBean() {}
    }
    @Component(value="mysecondBean")
    public class MySecondBean {

public MySecondBean() {}

}
    public class RemotingBeanFactoryPostProcessor implements BeanFactoryPostProcessor {

public void postProcessBeanFactory(final ConfigurableListableBeanFactory beanFactory) throws BeansException {
    beanFactory.getBean("myfirstbean");
    }

}
    <beans ...>

<context:component-scan base-package="com.test" />

<bean id="mypostProcessor" class="com.test.RemotingBeanFactoryPostProcessor" />

</beans>
    Thank you to help me.

There is no bean at the moment the BeanFactoryPostProcessor is called...

BeanFactoryPostProcessors operate on BeanDefinitions and are as such executed BEFORE any instance of a bean is created... Your call to the getbean method simply gives a an instance but which isn't postprocessed...

Basically BeanFactoryPostProcessors operate on the recipe on how to create a bean, BeanPostProcesors operate on bean instances.

Comment

So if I undestand, a BeanFactoryPostProcessors can create a beanDefinition in the context Spring only if this beanDefinition not reference an other bean (defined in XML spring config file).

For example, if we have:

<beans ...>
      <bean id="myBean" class="com.test.MyBean" />
      </beans>
      The creation of this BeanDefinition in a BeanFactoryPostProcessors is right:

BeanDefinition definition = new RootBeanDefinition("com.test.MyNewBean");
      definition.getPropertyValues().add("param1", "param1 value" );
      definition.getPropertyValues().add("param2", "param2 value");

The creation of this other BeanDefinition in a BeanFactoryPostProcessors can't work:

BeanDefinition definition = new RootBeanDefinition("com.test.MyNewBean");
      definition.getPropertyValues().add("param1", beanFactory.getBean("myBean"));
      definition.getPropertyValues().add("param2", "param2 value");

So, there is a solution to create a BeanDefinition that do reference to other Spring Bean?
      I think about create the BeanDefinition with a BeanPostProcessors with some String attributes, and create the link to the real Spring Bean in a BeanPostProcesors , but it's seems to be a little complicated...Do you have better solution?

Comment

No it isn't... If you want to reference a bean simply reference the bean definition of it, you don't need the actual instance.. Remember you are still operating on bean definitions (i.e. the recipe).

Take a look at the BeanDefinitionParser instances which enable the tx:annotation-driven for instance, they also create BeanDefinition instances.
        Last edited by Marten Deinum; Apr 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I find a solution with a child and a parent Spring context. I suppose the child is created after the parent, so the beans are all postprocessed.

But I'm going to see how BeanDefinitionParser works, it's could be a better way.
          Thank's a lot for the quality of your answer.

Comment

Working...
          X