Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use system properties in a BeanFactory?

Hi all,

I have a little problem you may be able to help me with I have a bean that has 2 setter methods that take file locations as the parameters. The bean is configured in a WebContext as follows:

<bean id="catalogueManager" class="com.medseaconsulting.catalogue.business.Pro ductCatalogueManagerImpl" init-method="loadCatalogue">
    <property name="categoryFile" value="/tools/apache/jakarta/tomcat/4.1.27/webapps/crystal2spain/resources/categories.xml"/>
    <property name="productFile" value="/tools/apache/jakarta/tomcat/4.1.27/webapps/crystal2spain/resources/products.xml"/>
    </bean>

I would like to replace the first part of the path with the system property CATALINA_HOME as in
    <property name="categoryFile" value="${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/crystal2spain/resources/categories.xml"/>

I cannot use a relative path as this is dependent upon the directory from which Tomcat is started so something like "../webapps/crystal2spain/resources/categories.xml" is OK for my test environment where I always start Tomcat from the bin directory. However, when I deploy to my hosting service this is not true. I usually get a user home directory from where tomcat is lanched using the CATALINA_HOME system property.

My bean is not aware of a web context or anything else so I cannot get a context-init param and use that either.

Can anybody tell me how to handle this or suggest another solution?

Regards

Steve

You can use "org.springframework.beans.factory.config.Property PlaceholderConfigurer". Check the "systemPropertiesMode" property.

Comment

Working...
    X