Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Context loading problem

Hey everybody,

I try to run a SpringMVC application with Hibernate and JPA...but following erreor occurs:

Code:
    INFO : org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@3f96ee: defining beans [dataSource,entityManagerFactory,transactionManager,org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0,loadTimeWeaver,org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor#0]; root of factory hierarchy
    [TomcatWeavingInsightClassLoader@8ab708] warning javax.* types are not being woven because the weaver option '-Xset:weaveJavaxPackages=true' has not been specified
    INFO : org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@3f96ee: defining beans [dataSource,entityManagerFactory,transactionManager,org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0,loadTimeWeaver,org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor#0]; root of factory hierarchy
    ERROR: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/root-context.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor#0': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor] while setting bean property 'transactionInterceptor'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionManager' while setting bean property 'transactionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/root-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'entityManagerFactory' while setting bean property 'entityManagerFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/root-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.springframework.orm.jpa.persistenceunit.SpringPersistenceUnitInfo.getValidationMode()Ljavax/persistence/ValidationMode;
    My configuration looks like this:

Code:
    <!-- Root Context: defines shared resources visible to all other web components -->

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
            <property name="driverClassName" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" />
            <property name="url" value="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:blog" />
            <property name="username" value="sa" />
            <property name="password" value="" />
        </bean>

<bean id="entityManagerFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
            <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
            <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="blogPU" />
            <property name="loadTimeWeaver" ref="loadTimeWeaver" />
            <property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
                <bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter">
                    <property name="showSql" value="false" />
                    <property name="generateDdl" value="true" />
                </bean>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
            <property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory" />
        </bean>

<context:load-time-weaver />
        <tx:annotation-driven />
    So, whats wrong here?? I'm a beginner and can't figure out the problem, so I would be very grateful...:-)

What do you need

<context:load-time-weaver />

for?

Do you not have interfaces on your classes or something?

Also, I haven't used org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerD ataSource

but have used BasicDataSource from that package. or used a vendors specific DataSource class. Not that it should make any difference.

Finally, more important

Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/root-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.springframework.orm.jpa.persistenceunit.Spring PersistenceUnitInfo.getValidationMode()Ljavax/persistence/ValidationMode;

I am wondering if you have your peristence.xml file created with the bare minimum of creating the persistence unit named blogPU

Mark

Comment

Hey Mark,

you're right, the load time weaver isn't necessary...

I have a persistence.xml in my META-INF folder, but it doesn't work either.

Code:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
          <persistence-unit name="blogPU">
          </persistence-unit>
      </persistence>
      Thank you anyhow...Any other ideas??

Markus

Comment

And you also removed

<property name="loadTimeWeaver" ref="loadTimeWeaver" />

in the EntityManager bean definition?

the META-INF directory is in the root of your classpath, correct? Just a precaution question, I am already assuming it is.

Mark

Comment

Hmm,
          I don't really have any EntityManager bean definition yet...I was modelling some entities and before creating some tests, I wrote the code above to setup the persistence environment. Then I ran the application by accident and instead the "Hello World" from MVC, I got the error...

I would inject the EntityManager via @PersistenceContext, or am I totally wrong??

Comment

Hmm,
            I don't really have any EntityManager bean definition yet...I was modelling some entities and before creating some tests, I wrote the code above to setup the persistence environment. Then I ran the application by accident and instead the "Hello World" from MVC, I got the error...

Where do have to put my persitence.xml in STS? I get it in src/main/ressources/META-INF...Choosing another location, raises an error that bookPU cand be found, so it must be right...

Comment

If you look at the context of my post you can see I meant your factory.

Mark

Comment

Yeah, I know, sorry...

Comment

What version of Spring and Hibernate are you using?

I found this bug

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-6705

and I found this

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...1-with-jpa-2-0

So, Based on them, I am guessing there is a compatabilty issue here and all the crap I wrote meant nothing before.

Although I still don't think you need the load time weaver.

Mark

Comment

Got it!

I'm stupid...

Had spring-jpa, in addition to hibernate-entitymanager in my path...Without spring-jpa, it' works...

Thanks for your your efford, rock on!!

Markus

Comment

Working...
                    X