Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX and spring 1.1

Has anyone tried this?

I checked it out and I've discovered a couple of dependency issues.

In class AbstractJmxObjectProxyFactory it references axis ClassUtil.forName. Doesn't spring have this in ClassUtil. We shouldn't need to include apache axis if we are using jmx.

In class JmxProxyFactoryBean, there shouldn't be direct references to the CglibJmxObjectProxyFactory directly (use forName to instantiate it). Once again, I don't want to be force to include the cglib library.

Dino

Dino,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - the ClassUtils thing is a coding error on my part, I have fixed this locally and it will committing it shortly. I actually went to the trouble of modifying Spring ClassUtils as well!

As for the dependency on Cgilb, this pattern is followed in the AOP proxy factories so I decided to follow it here to maintain uniformity across the code base. If the consensus is to remove this it is no bother for me and I'll do it next time I make some changes.

Rob

Comment

BTW, kudos on the implementation. After removing these dependencies (which took 2 secs) I was able to define and deploy to Tomcat 5x within 5 minutes. Couldn't ask for an easier solution.

You are right about the CGLIB so ignore me about this. I will have to remove this by hand since I have to compile it directly into my code set (I don't use CGLIB).

Dino

Comment

Dino,

If the Cglib thing is causing you issues, I will factor it out. Maintaining a similarity across the codebase is not as important as creating something that is usable by everyone.

I will remove this dependency in the next commit round.

Rob

Comment

I have removed this dependency and committed the code to CVS

Comment

It is not causing me serious issues. What you did is unavoidable. If your portion was compiled into the spring.jar this would not be an issue since the execution path will not use the cglib (however, there was an issue with the ClassUtils which you fixed). The only reason I am having problems is that I'm compiling it within my environment (it takes me two secs to remove the links). I'm sorry I misled you.

Dino

Comment

Dino,

You didn't mislead me. You should be able to use Spring without having to modify the code and without having to add jars that you don't need. This way you can avoid that.

Rob

Comment

Working...
              X