• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 3.0 scheduling question

Hi all
    i am using Spring 3.0 scheduling capabilities to schedule my task this way:

Code:
    <task:scheduled-tasks scheduler="myScheduler">
            <task:scheduled ref="shareScheduler" method="fetchLatestPrices" cron="00 00 19 * * *"/>
            <task:scheduled ref="shareScheduler" method="runPortfolioReport" cron="00 47 16 * * *"/>
        </task:scheduled-tasks>
    now suppose i start my PC ( a laptop) at 8 pm.. then both the tasks won't be scheduled to run

I was wondering if there is a way to configure spring scheduling so that i can recover from that.
    I know if i use Quartz, i can use perisistent triggers so taht if the trigger didn't fire (because i started the PC too late), as soon as i start the PC, the scheduled job will run

Are there any way i can achieve the same thing using Spring-SCheduling?

w/kindest regards
    marco

how to do dynamic cron scheduling based on user input parameters from UI ie date,even i can store the input given by user in db.

please let me know the steps/code snippets to do it

Comment

@MmarcoM,

I don't think its feasible to do via SPRING only. As you rightfully said yourself, Quartz is reqd. for this kinda requirement.

@mnsmcn,

You can use any expression
      #{@yourBean.yourProperty}
      for cron attribute or if you want to pick this value from property file, use this
      ${prop.name.in.file}

Comment

Hi All,
        Even i will use quartz for scheduling but as i am new to it i am unaware abt spring concepts.

In my scenario user would select list of dates based on which i need to generate report.

Please can you let me know how to progress.

regards
        anish

Comment

Hi All,
          Even i will use quartz for scheduling but as i am new to it i am unaware abt spring concepts.

In my scenario user would select list of dates based on which i need to generate report.
          Every time user selects differnt dates.

Please can you let me know how to progress.

regards
          anish

Comment

Working...
          X