Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange contextConfigLocation issue

Hi everybody

I have to move a Spring 1.2.9 based webapp to a new hoster and therefore from a Windows server to a FreeBSD machine. On FreeBSD the path "/home" is a softlink of "/usr/home". The tomcat is installed under "/usr/home/[username]/tomcat55"

Now, when I deploy the webapp it loads every Spring context configfile two times (and therefore fails).
    In the Logfile I see that it first loads every configfile from "/usr/home/..." and overwrites it later with the same file from "/home/..."

The container is configured with contextConfigLocation in web.xml and the value "classpath*:**/AppContext-*.xml"

Logfile:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader -
    Loading XML bean definitions from file
    [/usr/home/.../WEB-INF/classes/.../applicationContext-aclManager.xml]

... other configfiles from /usr/home/...

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader -
    Loading XML bean definitions from file
    [/home/.../WEB-INF/classes/.../applicationContext-aclManager.xml]

... loads of Overriding bean definition for bean ....
    ... errors because of duplicate hibernate mappings...

any ideas how to avoid this?

Thanks and cheers
    Stefan

OK, I was able to work around this one, by reconfigure the contextConfigLocation value:

before: "classpath*:**/AppContext-*.xml"
    after: "file:/usr/home/.../WEB-INF/**/*.hbm.xml"

It's not perfect since these values are installation dependant now and I need to make them configurable, but at least it works.

If somebody knows the cause of the problem, I would be glad to read a response!

For testing purposes I created a mini webapp that simulates the spring way of scanning the classpath with the following code.

PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver scanner = new PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver();
    Resource[] resources = scanner.getResources("classpath*:**/*Context-*.xml");
    for (int i = 0; i < resources.length; i++) {
    out.println(resources[i]+"<br>");
    }

I was quite surprised to see, that the resulting list of files was correct - they appeared just under the /usr/home-path, but not under the /home-path!
    So it's still a miracle to me why all config-files were imported from /home/...

Cheers
    Stefan

Comment

Working...
    X