Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving bean properties

Hi,

I'm just a newbie in using Spring and I don't know if my question is correct but, is there a way to save the bean properties in the spring mapping file that it had just accessed?

NAFAIK

Comment

You mean persist runtime configuration changes? Not yet, although we've considered it. We may add database-based configuration options in 1.4.

Comment

I am using a custom PreferencesPlaceholderConfigurer together with a java.util.prefs.Preferences implementation that read/write properties from a XML-file. Properties are then exposed to the user using the spring jmx support, and serialized to the xml-file if changed.

This means that the runtime configuration is separated from spring in a separate xml-file and persisted whenever changed.

Comment

Sounds interesting. I'd be interested to see the code, if you were willing to share it.

Comment

this seem to be an old thread, but I still have the same question.
            I would like to be able to configure certain properties of a Spring Bean from a DB. Is there any solutions to this already implemented, or do I have to write my own implementation of PreferencesPlaceholderConfigurer.

Comment

Working...
            X