Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBoss 6.0.0 Final and PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer

Hi all!

I need help with JBoss 6.0.0 Final and PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.

Code:
    <!-- PROPERTIES BEAN FROM FILE -->
    <bean id="goWebPropertiesFromFile" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
      <property name="ignoreUnresolvablePlaceholders" value="true"/>
      <property name="location" value="classpath:${GOWEB_HOME}/GOWeb.properties"/>
    </bean>
    On JBoss 4.2.2 I'm using this bean to load a spring's props from file....but the same doesn't work on JBoss 6.0.0

GOWEB_HOME Config on JBoss:

Code:
    <attribute name="Properties">
          GOWEB_HOME=D:\\Development\\GOWeb_2.0\\GOWEB_HOME
    </attribute>
    This is the exception:

Code:
    12:06:23,948 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/GOWeb]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException: Could not load properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [D:/Development/GOWeb_2.0/GOWEB_HOME/GOWeb.properties] cannot be opened because it does not exist
    I'm speechless and desperate
    Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Cheers, Vale

Ciao,

I think the problem is that you're loading your properties file from CLASSPATH but you're giving a file system path. Either use file: instead of classpath: in Configurer definition, or else put your property file under classpath and specify a classpath location (classpath locations never start with D: or C:, because you navigate the package structure and not a file system).
    I wonder how the same configuration worked with older version of JBoss.

Saluti,

Enrico

Comment

Hi Enrico,

at first...thank you for your reply!

I'm agree with you...I failed a cut and paste ...
      The real config property is:

Code:
      <!-- PROPERTIES BEAN FROM FILE -->
      <bean id="goWebPropertiesFromFile" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
        <property name="ignoreUnresolvablePlaceholders" value="true"/>
        <property name="location" value="file:${GOWEB_HOME}\GOWeb.properties"/>
      </bean>
      This configuration on JBoss 4.2.2 works fine; with JBoss 6 I'm receiving this exception:

Code:
      Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 7: file:D:\Development\GOWeb_2.0\GOWEB_HOME\GOWeb.properties
      	at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_22]
      	at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_22]
      	at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_22]
      	at java.net.URI.<init>(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_22]
      	at org.jboss.vfs.VFSUtils.toURI(VFSUtils.java:315) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.GA]
      	at org.jboss.vfs.protocol.AbstractURLConnection.toURI(AbstractURLConnection.java:90) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.GA]
      Cheers, Vale

Comment

Ok,

now clearly the problem is that the URI parser has difficulty in recognizing the string as a valid URI. Some suggestions:

- don't use dots for directory names. Remove the dot from GOWeb_2.0 (to something like GOWeb_20 for example), change the string accordingly and redeploy;

- if that fails, try to also remove underscores, even though underscores should be acceptable;

- If all this fails, try to use unix-style path navigation (forward slashes instead of back slashes) even though you deploy under a Windows system.

Hope this helps. Ciao,

Enrico

Comment

Hi Enrico....

I removed dots and underscores from folder name but I'm receiving the same exception

However...for the Logger I'm using the same dir and it works fine!

Ciao ciao!
          Vale

Comment

Have you tried to use unix-style paths (change '\' to '/' in your url string)? Because I now noted that the error says "at index 7" and if you count (starting from 0 because it's a String) character 7 in your string is the first backslash:

Code:
            file:D:\Development\GOWeb_2.0\GOWEB_HOME\GOWeb.properties
            Give it a try,

ciao

Comment

Yes, I do!
              If I change the property URL into property-service.xml (JBoss config file) I'm receiving this new exception:

Code:
              15:19:10,010 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null path
              	at org.jboss.vfs.VFS.getChild(VFS.java:207) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.GA]
              	at org.jboss.vfs.VFS.getChild(VFS.java:193) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.GA]
              	at org.jboss.vfs.protocol.FileURLConnection.<init>(FileURLConnection.java:52) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.GA]
              	at org.jboss.vfs.protocol.FileURLStreamHandler.openConnection(FileURLStreamHandler.java:38) [jboss-vfs.jar:3.0.0.GA]
              	at java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:945) [:1.6.0_14]
              	at org.springframework.core.io.UrlResource.getInputStream(UrlResource.java:121) [:2.5.4]
              	at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupport.loadProperties(PropertiesLoaderSupport.java:182) [:2.5.4]
              I'm going crazy!

Ciao ciao, Vale!

Comment

same here Null path!

Comment

try this
                  Code:
                  <property name="location" value="file:///:${GOWEB_HOME}\GOWeb.properties"/>

Comment

Working...
                  X