X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• userCache is not alive

I realize that this problem is mainly related to ehcache but as most users of acegi use ehcache maybe they can help me out. We have a farm of applications that are untouched for a couple of days/nights and for some reason when they are trying to login we get this message:

userCache is not alive - which means the whole authorization process goes no where. The only solution I found was to restart the application which is a no-go. It's a very wierd aspect as the cache manager should handle these issues itself and the message suggests that the cache is considered live (active) when it isn't. We are using ehcache 1.1 and acegi 0.8.3 (not that it matters).

Here is the stacktrace just in case:

Code:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: The userCache Cache is not alive. 
    at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.checkStatus(Cache.java:713) at
    net.sf.ehcache.Cache.get(Cache.java:355) at
    net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.cache.EhCacheBasedUserCache.getUserFromCache(EhCacheBasedUserCache.java:64)
    Thanks.

Comment

I'll move this post to "core container" as people with more EH-CACHE experience might have seen this before. It's not an Acegi Security problem (we don't even create the cache instance).

Comment

The problem (and the solution) can found here: http://forum.springframework.org/sho...ed=1#post55833

Comment

Working...
        X