Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to unit test using spring beans

Hello,

I wanted to make some unit tests of my classes that use the spring support classes but I got stuck. The documentation says that org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFact oryBean behaves as a SessionFactory, but there is no straightforward way that I can see to simulate that behaviour.

So when I am creating the beans that need a sessionFactory, I cannot assign that bean.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance.

Check out the interfaces it implements (FactoryBean) and how exactly that is used by Spring.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Any hints on how to make spring parse the configuration file and set the properties of the objects I create? Or even better, how to create the Spring management from the configuration file and just request the components I want rather than rely on IoC?

Comment

You can ask Spring to do autowiring (so it can automatically set the properties you declare if such a thing is possible (i.e. no beans with the same type).
        You can request the components yourself by programatically getting the applicationContext and retrieving beans from there; however, you loose the whole purpose of IoC.

Comment

It's the only way to write proper unit tests.

Is there any example of what you speak of?

Comment

Working...
          X