Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to execute a method after all beans are initialized?

hi

i have quite a simple issue with which i'm struggling with for 2 days now.

i want to perform some caching/storing method after the container is done initializing all my beans. that's because my operation is depending on several different services which are injected by @Autowired so just calling it when the containing bean is initialized is not enough.

i tried using the init() method or a @PostConstruct annotation in my service but it turns out that not all the beans that it depends on were fully initialized at the time of the call - at least one of my dependencies has its own dependencies autowired after the call, so i get a NullPointerException while i try to use it.

i was hoping i can resolve this by annotating that bean with @DependsOn(..dependency names..) but unfortunately it didn't help much.

there has to be some easy way to perform some method when the Spring container is done initializing all beans, hasn't there?

It looks like you could use the "ApplicationListener" facility and look for the "ContextRefreshedEvent". It looks like that it is created when the context is finished loading.

Comment

to compliment @dkarr's answer:

Code:
      public class Loader implements ApplicationListener<ContextRefreshedEvent>{

public void onApplicationEvent(ContextRefreshedEvent event) {
                       // do whatever you need to do here when app context is initialized / refreshed
              }
      }
      /Anatoly

Comment

thanks guys, it works.

although this is not supposed to be the "Spring way" as far as i understand, because i'm not supposed to couple my code to Spring's interfaces. but if that's the only way to do it, i guess it's good enough.

Comment

Working...
        X