X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinject transient properties

Is it possible to inject dependencies into a bean that that has been deserialized based on what I configured in the spring xml config file?

I have a bean which contains references to services. Those references I've made transient so that they are not serialized. When I deserialize the bean's, I would like to reinject all the services that were injected to begin with.

Cameron

You would need to intercept the deserialisation. How are you serialising/deserialising it, or what *causes* the serialisation?

Comment

I would like to see an elegant answer to this problem too.

Some of my beans will be serialized when the HttpSession is serialized (on server restart / clustering maybe later).

And that's the problem, there is no way to listen to serialization/deserialization. Only "readResolve" in the serialized bean itself.
      But since the bean should not know Spring this is not a real solution.

Currently I'm helping myself with a Pseudo-Singleton-Registry, but some kind of real listener-mechanism would be nice.

Comment

I agree with yatesco - intercepting the deserialization (with after return) would allow spring to get a valid object and then reinject everything in there.
        It's the cleanest and most decoupled alternative in my opinion.

As for doing this outside the Spring context - I think it's a contradiction in terms - Spring should inject the properties but outside the Spring context?
        If you will not have dependecies on the Spring API, you'll have then on your pseudo-singleton-registry that will act as the bridge between the Spring context and container.
        It's simply a dependecy that has to be satisfied one way or another.

Comment

Uhm, maybe I did not make things as clear as I should have ;-)

Of course I want to do the injection of transient properties inside a spring-environment.
          It's okay for me, if an Advice depends on the Spring API to lookup dependencies and rewire the serialized/deserialized bean.

Only the bean itself should not depend on the Spring API (and also not on my pseudo-singleton-registry, of course).

Now I'm thinking about, how to intercept deserialization. Any hints, how such a joinpoint-definition could look like?

thx

Comment

Take a look in the reference manual - just make a standard interceptor which will wrap your bean and that's it.

Comment

I face the same problem and I've described my case in a different thread :
              http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=18753

If anyone succeeded in solving this problem, please post your solution.

Thanks
              Last edited by robyn; May 14th, 2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X