X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests onSetUp

I am writing a BaseDatabaseTestCase that extends AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests and I want a method that will populate the database outside of the transaction. I will only run the code the first time the method is run (using a static instance variable to track if it has been populated yet).

I see there is an onSetUpInTransaction(), but I need a way to call the method outside of the transaction. Where would be the best place to put that code?

Michael.[/code]

I've been going through the source of the AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests and its super classes. I need a point to insert a method that will be called before each test is run, but *not* in the transaction.

The only thing I can think of is to create a class that will populate the database, then put a reference to it in my context files so that it starts up when Spring loads all my beans. This class would be lazyInit="false" so that it loads (and populates the database) before any of my TestCases are executed.

Opinions?

Comment

FYI, an "onSetUpBeforeTransaction" introduced in Spring 1.2.3. This seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Juergen

Comment

Originally posted by Juergen Hoeller
        FYI, an "onSetUpBeforeTransaction" introduced in Spring 1.2.3. This seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Juergen
        I'm off to upgrade

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X