Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolver for relative file paths?

Hi

I'm a new Spring user and I'd like to know if there is an helper class to resolve file paths relative to an application context path :
    For example if my application context is located in /home/NoWay/.../WEB-INF/ , I'd like to use something like resolver.resolve("docs/myDoc.txt"); to get the file /home/NoWay/.../Web-INF/docs/MyDoc.txt

So is there such a class or is it necessary to make it?

Thank you

PS : I had a quick look at the API, as far as I know (not to much yet ), it seems that such an helper sould have been an implementation of ApplicationContextAware but didn't find anything...

Have you looked at the Resource infrastructure. There is a ClassPath resolver or FileSystemResource which might be of interest.

Comment

Thanks for you answer.

Tell me if i'm wrong but the method getResourceByPath(String) of the class FileSystemResource uses VM working directory as base for the path.

What I need seems to be the method getResource(String) (inherited), right?

My main problem is howI have to proceed to make it possible to work.
      I still don't know how Spring is really working and have a lot to learn, (just worked on existing stuff, basicaly a lot of copy/paste to make it work for my java classes without knowing what I was doing ).

Well so before having a good understanding of Spring, I'd like to make it work
      So will it work if I
      - add a FileSystemResource bean in the application context
      - add my bean with a property referencing the other bean ?

Thanks

Comment

OK, didn't realise that FileSystemResourceLoader treats everything as relative

You could try overloading the FileSystemResourceLoader. Not sure how you would register it into the app context though. Sorry

Comment

Working...
        X