Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 3: Why is AbstractJpaTests deprecated?

I'm a confused about the AbstractJpaTests class and why it has been marked as deprecated in Spring 3.

The apidocs say one should use "the listener-based test context framework (AbstractJUnit38SpringContextTests)".

How can I write JPA integration tests and how do I get the Entity Manager? I read in the documentation that since Spring 3 one can use @PersistenceUnit directly in the tests.

What about this classloader issues that are addresses win AbstractJpaTests with the shadowing class loader, are they solved in Spring 3 or even Spring 2.5 at all?

Hope someone can explain to me how to write transactional JPA tests without using AbstractJpaTests.

Because that whole hierarchy is deprecated.

How to write it, well follow the instructions..

Code:
    @RunWith(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.class)
    @Transactional
    public class YourTestClass {

@Autowired (or @PersistenceUnit)
      private EntityManager entityManager;

public void yourTestMethod() {
        //do your tests
      }

}
    For more info I suggest the test chapter.

Comment

Thanks, that looks easy!

So there are no pitfalls with JPA and testing any more, since AbstractJpaTests uses a shadowing class loader and does some extended magic? Has this been only a problem in Spring 2.0?

Comment

I haven't had any issues, I suggest simply try it...

Comment

I have tried this but indeed I get the error "Specify a custom LoadTimeWeaver or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent" since there is no base class which is injecting a shadowing load time weaver. This weaver does not appear to be advertised as a standalone class...so is there any way to replicate the AbstractJpaTests behavior w/ JUnit4 and TestContext?

Comment

duplicate post deleted

Comment

Working...
            X