X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maven dependency hell?

I am continuing to have problems with Maven and running my JUnit 4.4 tests in Eclipse Galileo, which previously worked. Thanks to Marten's help I solved a dependency overlap issue with 2 versions of Spring colliding.

At startup I get the error:
    Code:
    Error
    Unable to find feature.xml in directory: E:\Eclipse\features\com.gk.cruisecontrol.eclipse.feature_1.0.0.jar

Warning
    The extensions and extension-points from the bundle "org.aspectj.runtime" are ignored. The bundle is not marked as singleton.
    Aside from my pom(attached) the cruise control plugin was installed via Eclipse but I removed that and still get the error.

As a result my project shows and reports an error when I run the JUnit 4.4 tests. In my test class I did have a setUp method annotated with @BeforeClass that was not static. I change the method name and make it@Before but despite many
    mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse & Maven installs & eclipse restarts I still get the following error:
    Code:
    java.lang.Exception: Method setUp() should be static
    even though that method no longer exists!!

I'd appreciate anyone who can help me escape this madness!
    Last edited by tomasc; Mar 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM.

I suggest a 'maven clean install' which will clean and recompile the whole project.

Could you also state what the actual error is you get?

Comment

Thanks. The error was that the method should be static. I was doing a maven eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse and then a maven install but maven clean install solved it!

Comment

Working...
      X