Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need XML bean definition documentation?

Yup, I know about the javadocs, the dtd, and the jira issue on documentation. This might be a little different.

Look at Ant or even Maven, the target or goals are documented in a different manner than javadocs. This helps since going from an api description in javadocs or some other manner to the actual xml bean descriptor 'syntax' is hard. Reading a DTD to determine what is allowed is not enjoyable.

Sure editors fill in the xml stuff based on the DTD but this does not help reading and understanding something, only using it.

Right now I use the Reference docs, javadocs, unit tests, and the book to try to understand something. Sometimes the unit tests are the best. Which just adds to the unit tests being a good thing.

the current rev of the beans chapter in the reference docs actually should cover all the constructs avialable in the XML bean definition.

Since the same stuff is also included in the dtd, I'm not actually that clear on what extra information you'd like documented elsewhere or in another fashion...

Comment

I was really only referring to the style of documentation, specifically how Ant does it. Its pretty easy to use. I think they use xdoclet to generate it.

But, its not a biggie.

Comment

Working...
      X