Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2.5.6 and Maven - what dependencies to use

Hey there,

since I didn't find a "general" subforum and it didn't seem to fit anywhere else I'll post it here, please feel free to move if its better posted elsewhere.

I was wondering, when using maven, what are the spring components available and what are they good for? What I found so far follows, however I'd be glad if someone could comment on mistakes or things I haven't figured out yet - or point me to a nice site / article / post / something where they are listed and explained:

For Dependency Injection:
    org.springframework:spring:2.5.6

For AOP
    org.springframework:spring-aop:2.5.6
    (includes transitive dependencies on spring-core and spring-beans jars)
    org.springframework:spring-aspects:2.5.6
    (includes transitive dependencies on aspectjrt and aspectjweaver jars )
    cglib:cglib:2.1_3 => Needed if classes are to be proxied

Unclear
    org.springframework:spring-core:2.5.6 => transitive dependency of aop, but how does it relate to org.springframework:spring?
    org.springframework:spring-beans:2.5.6 => transitive dependency of aop, but how does it relate to org.springframework:spring?
    org.springframework:spring-context:2.5.6 => seen somewhere, how does it relate to org.springframework:spring?

Unknown
    ?

Sorry if this doesn't seem to make any sense to you, however I've been failing to find something providing me with the answers I was looking for when using maven and spring together. But probably I just looked in the wrong places, so again I'd welcome any pointers to clarifying content :-).

Cheers

Whizz

org.springframework:sprng contains everything, org.springframework:spring-[module] contains only those things related to that module.

Comment

Working...
    X