X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring not able to resolve constructor

I am sure this issue would be similar to one on some other thread posted. Just point me to that thread if any.

Query: I have a class that can be constructed by two ways-

class MyClass {

/*1st constructor*/
    MyClass() {} //Creates a new instance

/*2nd constructor*/
    MyClass(ResultSet rs) {} //ResultSet object holds row from database; This way MyClass can be created from its existing Db entry

}

Following is my bean defination to load it.

bean.xml :

<bean id="myClass" class="com.package.MyClass"
    scope="prototype"/>

and following are the two calls:

1st call
    m_ctx.getBean("myClass", null); // intended to call 1st constructor

2nd call
    m_ctx.getBean("myClass", new Object[] {rs}); // intended to call 2nd constructor

// m_ctx is instance of org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext

I can load 'myClass' instance from db by calling 2nd call or I can create a new instance of 'myClass' by making 1st call, but....

If i create a new instance of 'myClass' and load existing 'myClass' with same ApplicationContext, m_ctx, i am not able to...

Ill explain this..

//somewhere in the code
    MyClass m1 = m_ctx.getBean("myClass", null); // create a new 'myClass'
    // in same code with same instance of m_ctx
    MyClass m2 = m_ctx.getBean("myClass", new Object[] {rs}); // load 'myClass' from rs

This call is not able to resolve constructor correctly and it calls 1st constructor instead 2nd. This 1st constructor was found cached bean definition of 'myClass', and during 2nd bean call it returned the cached constructor instead of re-resolving the constructor.

All this is happening in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(Stri ng beanName, RootBeanDefinition mbd, Object[] args) call

If above explanation is making any sense then please let me know what is going wrong here?

Within the same application context, getBean will return you the same instance for a prototype bean unless there is a new request.

-Hetal

Comment

Originally posted by Hetal B View Post
      Within the same application context, getBean will return you the same instance for a prototype bean unless there is a new request.

-Hetal
      Is there no way to override this so that for each request it goes and resolves the constructor. Cannot re initialize application context, its part of framework that i am working and is implemented as singleton.

Comment

For each request for a prototype bean it will resolve the construtor but as per your code mentioned in your first post:-

//somewhere in the code
        MyClass m1 = m_ctx.getBean("myClass", null); // create a new 'myClass'
        // in same code with same instance of m_ctx
        MyClass m2 = m_ctx.getBean("myClass", new Object[] {rs}); // load 'myClass' from rs

Also, why are you autowiring your bean?

Autowiring will pick up byType, byName etc hence picks up the bean from the application context.

-Hetal

Comment

PLs post in your config file and also the code snippet which is creating a prob. Specially mention the autowiring implementation.

-Hetal

Comment

TRied sample code

Hi,

I tried this example , the code is as below:-

<Code>
            Application context*************

<bean id="SimpleBean" autowire="byType" singleton="false" class="test.SimpleBean"/>

SimpleBean class***********
            public SimpleBean(){
            System.out.println("Const without arg");
            }

public SimpleBean(String str){
            System.out.println("With arg.....");
            }

TEst class*******
            ctx.getBean("SimpleBean");
            ctx.getBean("SimpleBean", new Object[]{"test1"});

</code>

I am using Spring 3.0.1 release and it works fine..... unless there is something that you wish to point out due to which your code is not working.

-Hetal

Comment

Working...
            X