Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
class path resource cannot be resolved to URL because it dooes not exist Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• class path resource cannot be resolved to URL because it dooes not exist

Hello there, i am new to spring and i am having the following issue:

I have an applicationContext.xml file in my WEB-INF folder, i also have a hibernate.cfg.xml file in my WEB-INF folder. I am using the following code in my applicationContext.xml file:
    Code:
    	<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
        	<property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/drinksDB" />
        	<property name="lookupOnStartup" value="false"/>
    		<property name="cache" value="true"/>
    		<property name="proxyInterface" value="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
    	</bean>

<bean id="sessionFactory"
    	class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
    		<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
    		<property name="configLocation" value="classpath:Hibernate.cfg.xml" />
    </bean>

</beans>

I have the following code in my Hibernate.cfg.xml file:

Code:
    <hibernate-configuration>
    <session-factory>
    	<!-- Database properties -->
    	<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect</property> 
    	<property name="show_sql">true</property>
    	<property name="format_sql">true</property>
    	<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">update</property>

<!-- Mapping files -->
    	<mapping resource="hibernateRelationalMappings/Users.hbm.xml"/>
    	<mapping resource="hibernateRelationalMappings/Drinks.hbm.xml"/>
    </session-factory>
    </hibernate-configuration>
    However i get the following error:
    Code:
    SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [Hibernate.cfg.xml] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1401)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:512)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:450)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:290)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:287)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:189)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:540)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:842)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:416)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:261)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:192)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3934)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4429)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [Hibernate.cfg.xml] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
    	at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getURL(ClassPathResource.java:162)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:642)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:211)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1460)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1398)
    	... 27 more
    Any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

1) Can you ensure the file exists in classpath
    2) Try this http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-895

-Hetal

Comment

Well, i am using Eclipse as my IDE, and applicationContext.xml seems to be getting picked up correctly, both applicationContext.xml and Hibernate.cfg.xml are in the WEB-INF folder, am i missing something?

Comment

can y ou try classpath*:Hiernate.cfg.xml

Comment

That also does not work, should the Hibernate.cfg.xml file be placed in the WEB-INF folder?

Comment

we put hibernate.cfg.xml in the src folder. I think that spring listener is coded to look for applicationContext.xml in WEB-INF folder and that is why it finds it. I also think that WEB-INF directory is not added to the classpath for the web application.

I would recommend moving the file to src folder.

Comment

I have tried putting the Hibernate.cfg.xml file in the src folder and still no luck.

I changed the code to the following:
              Code:
              	<bean id="sessionFactory"
              	class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
              		<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
              		<property name="configLocation" value="oracleHibernate.cfg.xml" />
              	</bean>
              (removed the classpath: ) i even added classpath:* etc, still no luck

Comment

WEB-INF isn't part of the classpath. Only classes, lib and META-INF are on the classpath. If you want to load it from WEB-INF remove the classpath and simply put /WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml .

Comment

Thanks Marten, however i have removed the classpath: and just moved the Hibernate.cfg.xml to the src folder, so

value="Hibernate.cfg.xml"

should work, but it does not, still getting the same error

Comment

Sigh, reading seems to be hard...

if you move hibernate.cfg.xml to the src folder and have ant/maven (depending on what you use) it is on the classpath so with your current setup it isn't going to be found because it expects it to be in the root of your WAR.

As I stated if you want to load it from the root of the classpath, ie it is in /WEB-INF/classes use classpath: if you want to load it from /WEB-INF don't use classpath: and simply specify /WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml.

Comment

Possibly to verify if its in your classpath correctly you can use classloader.getreource to verify.

Posting entire details may help

-Hetal

Comment

Working...
                      X