X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me on this

I am working on existing web project. It is just developed using jsp and servlets and deployed on tomcat.

Web app maintainnce configurations in seperate file for configuration parameters. It is like this

tomcat/conf/app.conf

NO_WORKING_DYS 10
    NO_PEOPLE 5

App is reading this file in context listner and keep values in a map. Then what happen is, web application needed to be restarted after changing a configuration value. If not, new config value is not picked up. I know it is obvious since we are reading the config file inside the context listener.

I need to know is there any possibility to overcome this issue (change config values with out restating or redeploing) using spring
    IOC container..

Thannk you...

Last edited by nuwan; May 6th, 2014, 02:03 AM.

Depending on requirements and constraints, you could expose services with JMX and dynamically change those properties.

This question is probably a better candidate for StackOverflow, perhaps with the "spring" tag.

Could you post your question there?
    The forums are moving to stackoverflow, a page explaining all this will be available there in a few days: http://spring.io/questions

Comment

Working...
    X