Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to inject a static class member into a bean property?

I have a bean that has a property -- call it fooList -- that is of type List<Foo> . I have another class that has a static member MyOtherClass.FOO_LIST that is of type List<Foo> . How do I inject that static member as the value of the fooList property? In other words ...

<bean id="abc" class="myBean">

<property name="fooList">
    // what goes here if I want to set fooList to the static MyOtherClass.FOO_LIST member?
    </property>

</bean>

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

--Jim

Maybe you can use the util:constant element, it's for accessing to static field defined in somewhere.
    Try this
    Code:
    <property name=“fooList”>
        <util:constant static-field=“MyOtherClass.FOO_LIST” />
      </property>
    Don't forget to import the util namespace into your xml configuration file. See in the reference how to do it: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...sd-config.html.

In this link you've got some information about util:constant too.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi ,

It is not possible to "SET A STATIC MEMBER FIELD" in Spring.We had faced this issue eralier also wher we had a static field and couldn't set throught <property > tag.

Util:contant or FieldRetrievingFactoryBean "RETRIEVES A STATIC VALUE FROM THE VALUE MENTIONED IN static-field" and will sets it to fooList,provided foolist needs to be non static member in MYOtherClass.

<property name=“fooList”>
      <util:constant static-field=“MyOtherClass.FOO_LIST” />
      </property>

Hope it helps

kartik

Comment

Working...
      X