X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to load ApplicationContext

I'm very new to Spring so please excuse my potential lack of understanding. I'd like to use Spring to build/provide a business layer service in a new project I'm working on. I have no control on how the presentation layer(s) will be implemented (probably some mix of legacy AppLogic code, JSPs and Servlets) so I think I want to provide my business API to the presentation layer(s) without them being aware of the Spring implementation. It looks like at this point there will be 2 consumers of my API, one web app running in an iPlanet 6.5 app server and another web app running in a Tomcat server. So this begs a couple questions:

1. How do I package my API (as a JAR?) and how do I load the ApplicationContext (preferrably one time) so that I don't need to re-load the ApplicationContext for every call to my API?

2. Do I need to do anything special to avoid threading issues from the concurrent calls to my API from the presentation layer?

Any advice/comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, David

See the samples delivered with Spring - they are basically packed/unpacked wars.

Comment

Working...
    X