X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular reference between a singleton and a factory bean

I have a bean A which tries to perform an operation, and upon failure schedules a Job on a scheduler B in order to re-perform it later. I use the SchedulerFactoryBean and tried to put the bean A in the schedulerContextMap in order for it to be passed to the job, but spring refuses to do it, saying that there is a circular dependency between A and B.

I wondered if there's any way I can follow in order to solve this problem without recurring to some uglyness such as using a locator pattern in the job through the application context at runtime.

Thanks,
    Davide Baroncelli.

You shouldn't need to pass the Scheduler in via SchedulerFactoryBean's "schedulerContextMap": Simply access it in your Job via the passed-in JobExecutionContext's "getScheduler()" method.

Juergen

Comment

Originally posted by Juergen Hoeller
      You shouldn't need to pass the Scheduler in via SchedulerFactoryBean's "schedulerContextMap": Simply access it in your Job via the passed-in JobExecutionContext's "getScheduler()" method.

Juergen
      Uh, no, I didn't explain well. The scenario is:

1) A tries to execute foo
      2) foo fails, so A itself schedules a job which will re-execute foo some time later
      3) the job must access A in order to re-execute foo, so A has to be put in the map

So, A has a reference to the scheduler, and the scheduler must have a reference to A in order for it to be put in the map.

I have now solved the problem putting the bean name into the map instead than the bean itself, and the job locating at runtime the bean A instead of receiving it. I was just wondering if there was a "spring supported" way to do it (such as a proxy which does not resolve the bean at context creation time, but does it when a method is accessed, and can then be put into the schedulerContextMap without creating a circular reference - such as some kind of "lazy" property tag in the bean definition).

Comment

Originally posted by immanuel
        I was just wondering if there was a "spring supported" way to do it (such as a proxy which does not resolve the bean at context creation time, but does it when a method is accessed, and can then be put into the schedulerContextMap without creating a circular reference - such as some kind of "lazy" property tag in the bean definition).
        Did you try using a TargetSource?

Regards,
        Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Senft
          I was just wondering if there was a "spring supported" way to do it (such as a proxy which does not resolve the bean at context creation time, but does it when a method is accessed, and can then be put into the schedulerContextMap without creating a circular reference - such as some kind of "lazy" property tag in the bean definition).

Regards,
          Andreas
          I'm not sure this could be useful... it seems to me that a thing like the one I need is something that has some kind of support by the ApplicationContext configuration subsystem: I need a way to specify a property definition which depends on a bean which will only be resolved at runtime: target sources seem to be a core part of the AOP framework used as object resolvers, but I still need a way to express a dependency on a bean which will not be resolved when the "property" tag is read from the config.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Senft

Regards,
            Andreas
            I'm not sure this could be useful... it seems to me that a thing like the one I need is something that has some kind of support by the ApplicationContext configuration subsystem: I need a way to specify a property definition which depends on a bean which will only be resolved at runtime: target sources seem to be a core part of the AOP framework used as object resolvers, but I still need a way to express a dependency on a bean which will not be resolved when the "property" tag is read from the config.
            It seems Hivemind is entirely based on an assumption like this one: services are (always?) proxied, and the proxies resolve the service dependency at runtime when the first method is called. http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-.../msg37889.html
            I imagine this kind of stuff must have been already discussed for spring too: it's the kind of issue that seems simple to put in place, but gives birth to a probably infinite amount of consequences.

Comment

Working...
            X