Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem using Javamail

Hi all,

I am trying to send e-mail using org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderIm pl but I get this exception when starting my Tomcat server.

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mailSender' defined in file [E:\...\WEB-INF\classes\config\spring\applicationContext-action.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/AuthenticationFailedException
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:883)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:839)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/AuthenticationFailedException
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
    	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2699)
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:1985)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:54)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:877)
    	... 31 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
    	... 37 more
    This is my bean declaration:

Code:
    	<bean id="mailSender"
    		class="org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl">
    		<property name="host" value="mail.xserver.com" />
    	</bean>
    I have the mail-1.4.1.jar added in my build path, so I don't understand why it generates a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by mojitoking; Oct 12th, 2009, 07:10 AM.

Do you have the activation.jar in your classpath?

Comment

Hi Chudak,

Yes, I have activation-1.1.jar in my build path, what else could be wrong?

Comment

You say it's in your BUILD path...where are the jars in tomcat? How are you launching tomcat? How are you deploying your application?

Comment

I use Eclipse IDE to launch tomcat v6.0.18 and the jars along with the app are put into the server every time i create a build with Eclipse

Comment

This is like pulling teeth...

How are you packaging your application? Are you deploying it exploded or as an archive file (WAR)? Where are the jars on tomcat? In the application package? In the TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory?

Have you cleaned out the working directory between application runs?

Comment

I use Eclipse IDE to launch tomcat v6.0.18 and the jars along with the app are put into the server every time i create a build with Eclipse
              Well actually that is not entirely true. It only exports those jars you told eclipse to export, they should be part of your EE Library and should be exported, else they are NOT on your runtime classpath.

Comment

Thanks Marten, I overlooked that detail and once I checked the mail and activation libraries in my EE module dependecies the exception was no longer generated! That led me to a few other mistakes I had made. Thank you very much for your insight!

Comment

1. You are using Eclipse
                  2. You already add libraries in buildpath

Then try this..
                  copy all libraries in lib folder of your Eclipse project (if it is dynamic web project) and then run your project again

Comment

Working...
                  X