X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoSuchMethodError net.sf.ehcache.Cache.<init>

Yes, I did look at another thread with the same title.
    No, it did not solve the problem.

I have tried every version of ehcache jars there are, with no success.
    I am also using a build from latest source 3.0.0M4

On context startup I get the following error:

Code:
    Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.ehcache.Cache.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;ILnet/sf/ehcache/store/MemoryStoreEvictionPolicy;ZLjava/lang/String;ZJJZJLnet/sf/ehcache/event/RegisteredEventListeners;Lnet/sf/ehcache/bootstrap/BootstrapCacheLoader;I)V
    Notice that it is attempting to call net.sf.ehcache.Cache with the wrong params, there is no constructor at all which takes (String, MemoryStoreEvictionPolicy,...). If you look at all the constructors from previous ehcache versions, they all have (String, int, MemoreyStor.... ) with an int in between.

I ran out of ideas as to what is making the wrong call?

Can anyone help?

-Tristan

The rest of the stack trace..

Code:
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:315)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:106)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1298)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1060)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:510)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:449)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:289)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:286)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:188)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:510)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:716)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:383)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:270)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3934)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4429)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

Comment

Ok, I resolved the issue.

What was happening is that I was working from Eclipse and was using Tomcat launcher to launch my project. The issue was that the old spring jars were sitting in the lib directory alongside the new ones. So, although they weren't in the Eclipse classpath, they were getting loaded by Tomcat (since it loads everything in the directory).

When I deleted the old jars, everything worked.

-Tristan

Comment

Working...
      X