Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Trouble extending LangNamespaceHandler for custom dynamic language support Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble extending LangNamespaceHandler for custom dynamic language support

I'm fairly new to extending Spring, but I've been looking at implementing my own XML Schema extension to provide dynamic scripting support for a dynamic language I've been working with.

My original thought was that I would extend LangNamespaceHandler, and follow much of the already implemented details which have been done for Groovy, jruby etc.

But I've run into a couple of roadblocks:
    1. LangNamespaceHandler's registerScriptBeanDefinitionParser() method is private and not protected, so I have to duplicate the method
    2. The ScriptBeanDefinitionParser is not a public class, so I can't access it from outside the package (Several more core scripting classes aren't public either).

Is there a better way to be able to implement your own custom scripting support for a language that aren't supported, without having to implement it under the com.springframework.scripting packages (which I'm pretty reticent to do)?

It's now looking like I will need to essentially duplicate much of the good work that already lays the foundation for dynamic language support in Spring in my own XML Schema extension, if I want to use my own package naming, which seems like a waste to me.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Working...
X