Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebSphere and PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer

Hi,

I'm a big user of properties (with PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer) for making my application as "dynamic" as possible. Almost all the constants are defined as such. Anyway, I'm currently defining a default.properties which comes shipped with the default WAR.

In other environments (Acceptance/Production) I need to overwrite of the configurations. I'm doing this as following:

Code:
    <bean id="propertyManager"
    		class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
    		<property name="locations">
    			<list>
    				<value>classpath:com/company/default.properties</value>
    				<value>file:${COMPANY_PROPERTIES_LOCATION}\kbo-select-settings.properties</value>
    			</list>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    With this means I can use a promotable build for each of the environments.

HOWEVER, I do dislike the fact that I can't change any of my properties from inside WebSphere. Instead I have to go to each of the servers (we have 8 clustered) and change the properties accordingly. It would be a lot more user friendly if I could change those from inside WebSphere and just perform a restart afterwards...

Anyone has an idea on how I could do such a promotable build? I already define JNDI configuration for datasources/java mail/etc.

Thanks!

You can use environemnt entries instead. Put variables in env. entries. I do like that and it' s working.

Comment

Working...
    X