Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with "BeanFactory".getBean(bean, args[])

I'm having issues getting the getBean(string, object[]) method of the bean factory to work correctly. Basically what I'm trying to do is setup a proxy factory that returns prototype instances with arguments that are passed in.

I think I got the xml correct, but I get the following error:
    Error creating bean with name 'myBean' defined in class path resource [beans.xml]: 8 constructor arguments specified but no matching constructor found in bean 'myBean' (hint: specify index and/or type arguments for simple parameters to avoid type ambiguities)

Here is a snippet from my XML:
    Code:
    <bean id="aopLogger" class="LoggingAspect" />
    <bean id="myBean" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean"
    		scope="prototype">
        <property name="proxyInterfaces"><value>MyBeanInterface</value></property>
        <property name="target">
            <bean id="myBeanFactory" class="...MyBeanFactory"	scope="prototype" factory-method="createMyBean">
                <constructor-arg index="0"><value>""</value></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="1"><value>""</value></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="2"><value>""</value></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="3"><value>null</value></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="4"><list></list></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="5"><value>""</value></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="6"><value>""</value></constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg index="7"><value>""</value></constructor-arg>
            </bean>
        </property>
        <property name="interceptorNames">
            <list>
                <value>aopLogger</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>
    here is the MyBeanFactory Class
    Code:
    public class MyBeanFactory
    {
        public static MyBeanInterface createMyBean(UUID id, String name, 
                             String description, IVersion version,                                              
                             List<IDependency> dependencies, String company,
                             String url, String copyright)
        {
            return new MyBeanImpl(id, name, description, version, 
                                            dependencies, company, url, copyright);
        }
    }
    and the code that calls it:
    Code:
    return (MyBeanImpl) context.getBean("myBean", 
               new Object[] { id, name, description, version, dependencies, 
               company, url, copyright });
    I'm a little confused here... The method takes 8 args, I've used index to specify which ones are which, but it still gives me that error. I have also tried to identify the types, but that didn't do anything. I've also tried to create a reference of the bean directly without using my own factory class, but had the same issues with that.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by davija; Jul 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM.

1. 'myBean' class is ProxyFactoryBean, so, when you use 'context.getBean("myBean", new Object[] { id, name, description, version, dependencies, company, url, copyright })' that means that you're trying to call ProxyFactoryBean constructor with that arguments. There is no such a constructor, so, you have the mentioned problem;
    2. There is no point in using 'prototype' scope for the 'myBeanFactory' bean because its outer bean ('myBean') is already defined as a prototype;
    3. You defined the first 'myBeanFactory' argument as string - that's incorrect, because string is not UUID;
    4. You incorrectly inject null ('<constructor-arg index="3"><value>null</value></constructor-arg>'). Right way is '<constructor-arg index="3"><null/></constructor-arg>' - 3.3.2.5. Nulls;

I'd suggest you to use not ProxyFactoryBean but spring2 aop setup - 6. Aspect Oriented Programming with Spring. That eliminates the problem, i.e. you just define 'myBean' as a prototype MyBeanFactory.createMyBean() and let aop infrastructure make necessary on bean request.

Comment

Originally posted by denis.zhdanov View Post
      1. 'myBean' class is ProxyFactoryBean, so, when you use 'context.getBean("myBean", new Object[] { id, name, description, version, dependencies, company, url, copyright })' that means that you're trying to call ProxyFactoryBean constructor with that arguments. There is no such a constructor, so, you have the mentioned problem;
      2. There is no point in using 'prototype' scope for the 'myBeanFactory' bean because its outer bean ('myBean') is already defined as a prototype;
      3. You defined the first 'myBeanFactory' argument as string - that's incorrect, because string is not UUID;
      4. You incorrectly inject null ('<constructor-arg index="3"><value>null</value></constructor-arg>'). Right way is '<constructor-arg index="3"><null/></constructor-arg>' - 3.3.2.5. Nulls;

I'd suggest you to use not ProxyFactoryBean but spring2 aop setup - 6. Aspect Oriented Programming with Spring. That eliminates the problem, i.e. you just define 'myBean' as a prototype MyBeanFactory.createMyBean() and let aop infrastructure make necessary on bean request.

This all makes sense, I don't know why I didn't catch it yesterday when looking at it. I'll try these suggestions and see what happens. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Thanks for the help, this works now with the suggested changes.

Comment

Working...
        X