X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment based bean configuration/loading

I have a situation where there is a set of beans tied to an environment. i.e. When my application runs in a test environment i have to load a specific set of beans and when it runs in production it has to load a specific set of beans.

Essentially, i can have two xml configuration files with environment specific beans or can have a single file with all the beans. But the problem is how do I load/switch beans based on the environment ?

I am using standalone Spring container to load all my beans. One option that I thought of was to have two files in separate folders (test, prod) and then specify enviornment specific folder when I initialize my container.

Code:
    private final static ApplicationContext springContext = 

SpringApplicationContextSupport.prepareSpringApplicationContext("classpath*:spring/<test or prod>/config.xml"  );
    Is there a tool or a better way (annotations ?) to achieve this ?

Appreciate your help

I did a search which brought up some threads where this has been discussed:
    http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=46504

One of the solution was to use variables to supply values from property files - which is what I am also doing.
    But my issue is a bit extensive i.e. I have a bean which uses a map:

Code:
    <bean id="ROUTER" class="com.something.routerImpl"> 
    	<property name="map">
    		<map>
    			<entry key="1" value-ref="bean1" />
    			<entry key="2" value-ref="bean2" />		
    			<entry key="3" value-ref="bean3" />
    			<entry key="4" value-ref="bean4" />			
    		</map>
    	</property>	
    	</bean>
    Now the map keys will vary by environment - test may have 4 and prod may have 10. And so the number of value-ref beans will also increase in prod. Therefore I can not simply use property file to solve this.

Comment

Working...
    X