Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to open a JIRA but it's 12:44am in the morning and I have to get up for work at 6:30am.
    I tried the advice in this thread to install the PetClinic within STS 2.3.2 and it installed PetClinic but it's confusing because I'm accustomed to maven projects, but it seems to have installed as an ant project. I went to a terminal and tried issuing "ant build" but got this error message:

Code:
    Buildfile: build.xml

build:
        [javac] Compiling 32 source files to /Users/rdg/springsource/stsWs/ws2/PetClinic/.classes

BUILD FAILED
    /Users/rdg/springsource/stsWs/ws2/PetClinic/build.xml:153: /Users/rdg/springsource/stsWs/lib/aspectj not found.
    I see in the "lib" directory there is a "aspectjrt.jar" but there is no "aspectj.jar".

It was so easy in Spring 2.5.6 because Petclinic came with the download of Spring. Yet in Spring 3.0.2 the reference manual makes constant reference to PetClinic yet PetClinic is removed.

When I have gotten enough sleep and have some free time, I wil post a JIRA about this.

Meanwhile, I have to wonder what is going on over in Spring land. It's getting a little crazy.

Originally posted by Sam Brannen View Post
    Robert,

Spring 3.0.x no longer comes with PetClinic. Thus if the documentation you came across (e.g., in the Spring Reference Manual) says PetClinic is included in the distribution, then yes, please open a JIRA issue so that this does not get overlooked for 3.0.3 and 3.1.x.

Thanks,

Sam

p.s. FYI: sample applications are now available stand-alone in a new "sample-apps" repository. Also, the Spring team is working on a replacement for PetClinic called PetCare.

Comment

Originally posted by tdc9998 View Post
      Is there a better location for accessing the source than the SVN repository they list in that post?
      No. PetClinic is currently only available in that subversion repository.

Regard,

Sam

Comment

FYI: I have opened a JIRA issue regarding references to PetClinic in the Spring reference manual. So feel free to follow along here:

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-7161

Regards,

Sam

Comment

I have just download the Spring tools Suite. But having problem while installing on Windows 7 32 bit platform. System not allow me to install the software. What should i do for it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X