Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider not work with jars? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider not work with jars?

Hi, All

I need to scan through classes in some jars to generate a report.

So I simply use ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider with annotation filter.

It works fine in IDE, but when I run this application from within Ant, ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider finds nothing.

I think the class path has been correctly set, since Class.forName gets the right class.

I am using ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider alone without any Spring context. Is it something wrong within it? Could some help me? Thanks!

Regards,
    Chuan

After all, it seems that certain format of package name does not play very well. Thanks

Comment

Same problem?

did you ever find a solution? what version of Ant where you using? and JVM? if i put the jar i want to scan into the Ant lib then everything works. some sort of classloader issue whereby Spring doesn't get a handle to the Ant classloader.....
      Last edited by young_matthewd; Sep 28th, 2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I am having the same problem

Does anyone else know why the following would not work?
        Code:
          public static List<Class> getComponentClasses(Class clazz, String basePackage)
             {
            	 basePackage = (basePackage == null )? "" : basePackage;  
                 List<Class> classes = new ArrayList<Class>();  

ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider scanner=new ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider(false);
                 scanner.addIncludeFilter(new AssignableTypeFilter(clazz));
                 for (BeanDefinition candidate : scanner.findCandidateComponents(basePackage)) {  
                     try {  
        //                 Class<?> cls = ClassUtils.resolveClassName(candidate.getBeanClassName(),  
        //                         ClassUtils.getDefaultClassLoader());  
                       Class cls = ClassUtils.resolveClassName(candidate.getBeanClassName(),  
                              scanner.getResourceLoader().getClassLoader());  
                         classes.add((Class) cls);  
                     } catch (Throwable ex) {  
                         LOGGER.log(Level.FATAL,"Unable to parse bean candidate.",ex);  
                     }  
                 }  
                 return classes;   
             }
        I am calling it via
        Code:
        MyClassScanner.getComponentClasses(org.quartz.Job.class,null);

It finds all my classes that implement the job interface that are in my war but not the ones that I have in jars (inside or outside the war).
        Last edited by solid; Aug 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X