X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beandoc and Spring 1.2

Not sure if this is the right place for a beandoc post, but most other topics I found in a search for beandoc was posted here...

The changelog for 0.6.1 states: amended XSL templates to handle all new Spring 1.2 convenience attributes....

Then why doesn't this work?
    Code:
    <bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
        <property name="jndiName" value="java&#58;comp/env/jdbc/myDbRocks" />
    </bean>
    This is the errormessage I'm getting:
    Code:
    org.springframework.beandoc.BeanDocException&#58; Unable to parse or validate input resource &#91;applicationContext.xml&#93;
    If I change it back to the "old way":
    Code:
    <bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
        <property name="jndiName">
            <value>java&#58;comp/env/jdbc/myDbRocks"</value>
        </property>
    </bean>
    then beandoc runs without any problem.

I'm running beandoc from ant 1.6.3 like this:
    Code:
    <target name="beandoc" description="">
        <taskdef name="beandoc" classname="org.springframework.beandoc.client.AntTask">
            <classpath refid="compile.classpath" />
        </taskdef>
        <mkdir dir="$&#123;beandoc.dir&#125;"/>
        <beandoc
            inputfiles="$&#123;web.dir&#125;/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml"
            outputdir="$&#123;beandoc.dir&#125;"
            beandocprops="$&#123;doc.dir&#125;/beandoc.properties"/>
    </target>
    Anyone else having the same problem?

A very cool tool! Just too bad for me I changed all my bean definitions to use the new ref and value attributes and no longer can make it work

Regards

Trond

Re: Beandoc and Spring 1.2

Originally posted by trondgzi
    The changelog for 0.6.1 states: amended XSL templates to handle all new Spring 1.2 convenience attributes....
    Trond,

Actually that note is from the change log for the CVS (current dev) version - these changes are post-0.6.1

In fact, they're not even committed to CVS yet since one of the changes doesn't quite work correctly (unrelated to this issue) and is proving troublesome to rectify due to the closed box access of GraphViz.

I'll commit everything I have later tonight (bug included) and make a note of the faults - at least then you can get a version that will work for you with the new XML syntax.

hth,

Comment

Thanx for your input Darren. I'll test with the latest version from cvs and hopefully I can get this to work

Trond

Comment

Working...
      X