X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanDoc without the filesystem

I'm looking at writing a web-based admin tool for viewing application configurtaions, and BeanDoc looks like it could deliver a great UI. Now for the catch...I'd like to use it in somewhat of an unorthodox way. I have spring ApplicationContexts stored in a database, and I want to be able to pull the config out of the db, transform it, and serve it up, without writing to the filesystem. Upon quick review of the BeanDoc source, namely org.springframework.beandoc.output.Transformer, it appears that what I'm thinking of would require a fair amount of modification. Has anyone done anything like this?

It would be nice to abstract the file system out but it's not really been a priority (just getting something to work reasonably well was the first step).

What advantages would this give you? You called it an admin tool, but you really describe just viewing a static configuration.. unless you're using JMX heavily?

You could, I suppose, add a bean to your context that generates the documentation at each app startup and caches it for delivery to your web users.

D.

Comment

Working...
    X