X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamically changing logging level?

I deploy an application to servers using an EAR file. Most all of the documentation for changing the logging level involves modifying the XML, which in my case is a lengthy redeploy via EAR, which also restarts the server.

So, without changing the XML configuration files, how do you change the logging level?

My best guess at the moment is:

for each (log in LogManager.getCurrentLoggers())
    log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)

Will try that out on monday.

Comment

How does the question relate to spring? You should check documentation of the logging framework you're using

Comment

Originally posted by denis.zhdanov View Post
        How does the question relate to spring? You should check documentation of the logging framework you're using
        Apologies; it's setup through applicationContext.xml in Spring, and can't be autorefreshed using the config setting, as that spawns a thread that never quite dies.

That said, since it was setup in Spring, I was hoping for some Spring-centric way of doing it. Sorry for the extraneous post!

Comment

Originally posted by talldean View Post
          Apologies; it's setup through applicationContext.xml in Spring, and can't be autorefreshed using the config setting, as that spawns a thread that never quite dies.

That said, since it was setup in Spring, I was hoping for some Spring-centric way of doing it. Sorry for the extraneous post!
          Spring still doesn't relate to the question

Every logging framework I know offers programmatic configuration facility. So, you can just create a bean that is exposed to the client and allows to set given log level to the logger with the given name.

Comment

Working...
          X