Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade of Spring from 1.1 to 1.1.5

Hi,

Im would like to utilise the Spring Mail package that comes with v.1.1.5.
    Is there any documentation as to what configuration or supporting package that have to be changed?

For instance, i noticed the Spring 1.1.5 only works with aopalliance v. 1.0 (we were using beta version previously).

I've also encountered problem with deployment of web application. Following is the stack trace:

19:03:56,023 INFO [XmlWebApplicationContext] Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMess ageSource@fa0094]
    19:03:56,023 INFO [XmlWebApplicationContext] Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicatio nEventMulticaster@1641c0]
    19:03:56,039 INFO [UiApplicationContextUtils] No ThemeSource found for [org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebAppl icationContext;hashCode=2797256]: using ResourceBundleThemeSource
    19:03:56,054 INFO [DefaultListableBeanFactory] Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans [ ....... ]
    19:03:56,148 INFO [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [META-INF/server-beans.xml]
    19:03:56,898 INFO [DefaultListableBeanFactory] Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'dataSource'
    19:03:57,070 INFO [StaticDataImpl] Exception Occurred when initializing StaticDataImpl: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'dataSource' defined in class path resource [META-INF/server-beans.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound
    9:03:57,539 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'profile' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound
    at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServe r.java:495)
    at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServe r.java:503)
    at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer .java:509)

When i tried deploying just the ejbs it seems okay. The error only happens once the webapp is deployed.

Any idea?

Thanks much.

Cheers,

Veny

There's a changelog (springframework.org/docs/changelog.txt) for the Spring Framework. Also, the distribution (specifically the lib directory) contains a readme that lists all libraries and dependencies.

The exception seems to originate from misconfiguration of your JnidObjectFactoryBean (java:comp/env/ejb/BlahBean defined as a resource in web.xml but resourceRef on the JndiObjectFactoryBean is set to false maybe)?

regards,
    Alef

Comment

I understand and have noticed that there are specification of dependency on readme.txt. However, the document doesnt specify the version of the dependent packages. I couldnt find any of such information on the changelog.txt. Or am i missing something?

I've tried deploying the very same application with Spring 1.0. It works perfectly. But once i change the Spring package (and Aop dependency) with no change in codes, the deployment breaks. Any idea?

Thanks much

Comment

Working...
      X