Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing spring logging level

Hi,
    We are using Websphere Application Developer 5.1 as dev environment.. When the server starts it shows up spring logs in the level of INFO.. How can I change logging level for Spring....

I don't want to see the following INFO logs...
    Code:
    [28.04.2005 10:11:25:703 EEST] 59c3876e WebGroup      I SRVE0180I: [ESatis] [/] [Servlet.LOG]: Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext

[28.04.2005 10:11:26:016 EEST] 59c3876e XmlBeanDefini I org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader  Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]

[28.04.2005 10:11:26:578 EEST] 59c3876e XmlBeanDefini I org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader  Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-AcegiSecurity.xml]
    Thanks...

If you are using log4j, add the following line to log4j.properties file:

log4j.logger.org.springframework=WARN

Comment

already did that

I have already got that line in log4j.xml... But it doen't work...
      <logger name="org.springframework">
      <level value="FATAL" />
      </logger>

Comment

Is the log4j.xml in the classpath of the web app? Cause normally, if it is in the classpath it should work. Or is there already a log4j.xml file loaded by the parent classloader that takes priority.

regards

Comment

WebSphere is a bitch to work with logging.

They use their own logging impl TrLog or what it was named. I struggled a long time to have my log4j.properties accepted in a web application.

I found a 10 pages .pdf doc in their website somewhere about it.

Comment

Thanks Claus after your post I have found something useful:

Code:
            http&#58;//mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4j-user/200304.mbox/%3C41D8B1FEC287D311BD4A00062962A327030B580F@EXCHFAX%3E

Comment

Changing Spring Logging to DEBUG

I have added :

<logger name="org.springframework">
              <level value="DEBUG" />
              </logger>

to my log4j.xml file which resides in the classpath. But I'm only getting info level log. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
              X