X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-test breaks in Junit 4.5

Basically, Junit 4.5 took out exceptions out the constructor classes. So I am running spring2.5.5 under it will get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/Assume$AssumptionViolatedException at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMeth odRoadie.runTestMethod(SpringMethodRoad
    ie.java:240)

hello,
    found similar problems but looked like my test assertions was incorrect
    could you please post :
    - your code
    - your test cocde
    - your pom.xml if you are using Maven to build your project

i dont know your whole situation.. could you run your tests using JUnit 4.4 and see results?
    i found some posts somewhere that Spring sources were compiled using JUnit4.4 and JUnit guys changed signatures of certain methods

regards
    marco

Comment

The spring folks built there SpringJUnit4ClassRunner to extend an internal class. The internal class changed in junit 4.5. They need to be extending BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.

Comment

see: htxp://thorndike.javaeye.com/blog/263197
        (sorry can't post URLs yet, change "htxp to http")

what i took from this is to bump my junit support down to 4.4. although it appears that maybe upgrading to Spring 2.5.6 will alleviate this problem.

Thanks for leading along the right track, Adamal!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is related but in the following code

Code:
          @RunWith(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.class)
          public class GenericRequestControllerTests {

@Test
          	public void testLogout() {
          	}
          }
          I get the exception
          Code:
          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.junit.runner.notification.RunNotifier.testAborted(Lorg/junit/runner/Description;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
          	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.invokeTestMethod(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:137)
          	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.runMethods(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:59)
          	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner$1.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:52)
          	at org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runUnprotected(ClassRoadie.java:34)
          	at org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runProtected(ClassRoadie.java:44)
          	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:45)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

Comment

Spring 2.5.6 & JUnit 4.4 works

I was getting the same error with Spring 2.5.6 and Junit 4.5.
            When I downgraded to JUnit 4.4, the exception went away.

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I was seeing this error and downgraded to junit 4.4 which fixed it too.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd View Post
                Basically, Junit 4.5 took out exceptions out the constructor classes. So I am running spring2.5.5 under it will get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/Assume$AssumptionViolatedException at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMeth odRoadie.runTestMethod(SpringMethodRoad
                ie.java:240)
                See http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5145

Comment

Hi guys,

FYI: as of Spring 3.0 M3, the Spring TestContext Framework is now based on JUnit 4.5.

- Sam

Comment

One easy way to resolve the problem is to provide the missing class. You can do that by adding the following dependency to your pom.xml file :
                    <dependency>
                    <groupId>com.google.code.protoj</groupId>
                    <artifactId>protoj-nodep</artifactId>
                    <version>1.8.4</version>
                    <scope>test</scope>
                    </dependency>

So now you can keep taking advantage from the newest Junit version without having to downgrade to version 4.4.
                    Youssef Hbali.

Comment

Working...
                    X