Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runtime jobs using quartz without using application context?

Can someone please suggest a way to schedule run-time Jobs (with data) using Quartz? I've seen posts that use applicationContext, but is there any other way?

Just use the standard Quartz API.

Rob

Comment

Are you suggesting me to use Quartz API and do not use SpringFramework? Which means that we cannot have run-time jobs using spring (and without using applicationContext).
      Thanks Rob for the prompt reply.

Comment

Spring's Quartz support is intended for jobs that are scheduled when the application starts. Although you may find some of the classes useful for constructing Quartz API objects, dynamic runtime scheduling will have to be done via interaction with the Quartz Scheduler. You can use the Spring SchedulerFactoryBean to create a Scheduler for you which you can then inject into your objects for access at runtime.

Rob

Comment

spring quartz support for runtime jobs

I have following requirement in my project for supporting scheduler.

Run time scheduler should allow user to schedule a new job, edit(update/delete) existing job.
          should be able to run 3000-4000 jobs simultaneously.

Questions:
          1. I may have to use quartz JDBCJobStore to persist the schedule jobs in database. How spring will support that? Can you provide me any example that uses persistence in sprint quartz?

2. What is the difference between spring quartz vs quartz api?

3. Our application is using Hibernate. Does JDBCJobStore requires to create pojos for quartz tables?

4. can spring quartz uses separate persistence and transaction api along with our existing hibernate connection pooling? Any examples?

5. Do we have any user/application/website who is using spring quartz api?

Comment

Working...
          X