X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to dynamically pass parameters of method

I am using Spring quartz to implement some schedule tasks. My initial configuration works fine, it looks like:
    Code:
        <bean id="quartzJobDetailSample" class="..." />

<bean id="jobDetailId" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean">
            <property name="targetObject" ref="quartzJobDetailSample" />
            <property name="targetMethod" value="methodName"/>
            <property name="arguments">
                <list>
                    <value>initialParam1</value>
                    <value>initialParam2</value>
                </list>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="jobTriggerId" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean">
            <property name="jobDetail" ref="jobDetailId" />
            <property name="cronExpression" value="0/15 * * * * ?" />
        </bean>

<bean id="schedulerFactory" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean">
            <property name="triggers">
                <list>
                    <ref bean="jobTriggerId" />
                </list>
            </property>
        </bean>
    But I need to manage all tasks through UI startup of web application, I wonder if there is some way to pass new parameters to the method. I tried:

MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean bean = (MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean)getApplication Context().getBean("jobDetailId");
    bean.setArguments(new String[]{"1","2"});
    It turns out the MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean generated a JobDetail instance for the bean with id "jobDetailId", but there's no way to pass arguments to method in JobDetail instance. I know I probably can use DataMap to achieve this, but I don't want to disturb my service layer (here is quartzJobDetailSample class) with any Quartz code if possible.

If anyone has any idea, please share it. Thanks in advance

It turns out the MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean generated a JobDetail instance for the bean with id "jobDetailId"
    Because that is what a FactoryBean should do. If you really want to access your FactoryBean use a special bean name. You have to use the '&[beanname]' as the name/id of the bean to retrieve. So in your case '&jobDetailId'.

Comment

Marten, thanks a lot! I managed to pass new arguments to my scheduled business method with your helpful information.

MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean bean = (MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean)this.getApplic ationContext().getBean("&jobDetailId");
      bean.setArguments(new String[]{"new argument 1","new argument 2"});
      scheduler.addJob((JobDetail)bean.getObject(), true);
      I initially doubt if it works. Because the isSingleton method of "bean" return true, which indicates getObject() returns the same instance all the time. I just had a try in my test, when I saw the new arguments appearing on console, I was released

Comment

Working...
      X