Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-beans-2.5.xsd is missing from web!

I am unable to start up my spring container today because the schema springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd is missing (they are all missing)

which is kinda bad and serves me right for trying to work on a holiday...

Does someone know how I can either switch validating off or point spring to the schemas found in my original spring download ?

Thx

If you use the correct jars and a good parser there is no need to retrieve them from the internet. Normally that would happen, so I expect some issue with your xml parser.

Comment

http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans-2.0.dtd

is it possible to get this file hosted again in the same location? Whom should I speak to regarding the possibility?

I've already contacted the webmaster.

Comment

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, since the remote xsd have disappeared... All was ok before this.

18:07:33,153 WARN [XMLHelper] Warning parsing XML: XML InputStream(68) schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'h ttp ://w ww.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
        18:07:33,155 ERROR [HibernateUtil] Initial SessionFactory creation failed.
        org.hibernate.InvalidMappingException: Could not parse mapping document from resource persistenceModelContext.xml
        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Config uration.java:575)

Comment

If we can get this file put back up, mountains of work could be saved.

Comment

In the mean time is there a solution to configure the xml file to use xsd validators provided in the spring jar ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
              If you use the correct jars and a good parser there is no need to retrieve them from the internet. Normally that would happen, so I expect some issue with your xml parser.
              Marten Deinum, thx for your suggestions. I am using the default java 1.5 xml parser (xerces), but found that my production classpath was also pointing to spring.jar in spring-2.04 rather than the latest 2.54. When I fixed this, the problem went away.

Thx for your help

Comment

Working...
              X