Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining just parts of the sandbox.

Hello people.
    I am 'trying to' use WebFlow to build my application upon.

However I am using some WebFlow so badly outdated, that I had to get the source and recompile it to support Spring 1.1+.
    Lately I found some info that WebFlow is going to be integrated within Spring itself. I checked the SRC and found it in the SandBox.

Is there any way I can get a compiled version of the WebFlow from the sandbox.
    Getting the complete spring sandbox is just too much for me.

I just don't want to use WebFlow just to find out it will be majorly rewritten in the next release.

Some CVS clients are pretty good - try SmartCVS (community edition should be fine) or try using ANT's CVS tasks to define a pattern. Checkout the classes you are interested in and compile them. Note: I am not familiar with the WebFlow source, if it depends on other parts of the sandbox you might be out-of-luck.

Comment

There will be a preview release of WebFlow--proper download--in the next week or so. The documentation is normally kept fairly up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Johnson
        There will be a preview release of WebFlow--proper download--in the next week or so. The documentation is normally kept fairly up to date.
        Actually I have another problem.
        No parts of the sandbox are found within the nightly builds.

Isn't there any way to get my hands upon a pre-release stuff without actually trying to Checkout/Compile any of it?

Comment

Isn't there any way to get my hands upon a pre-release stuff without actually trying to Checkout/Compile any of it?
          Not until we productize specific bits of it, which we may do more in future. The problem is if we expose all of it, some of it is very immature, and we can't provide the bandwidth to support all of it.

Comment

Working...
          X