Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <context:annotation-config /> and JPA

Hi,

I wanted to use Spring to manage by JSF backing beans and so that, I used the @Controller and @Scope annotations to annotate my backing beans. It worked fine on my first project which was using JPA.

Now, I want to use the same for another project which does not use JPA, but uses classic Hibernate XML Config files.

However, when I wrote the Spring Bean Definition XML files, Eclipse shows an error at the line where <context:annotation-config /> appears, saying that:

"Build path is incomplete. Cannot find class file for javax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory"

When I added the Hibernate-JPA files, the error goes away. But I dont want to add those files into my project.

I saw a JIRA issue about a dependency of this annotation with JPA classes, but it says that it was fixed at Spring 2.5 RC1.

Is there anyway to fix this ?

Version Details :
    --------------
    Spring v2.5.1
    JSF 1.2
    Hibernate 3.2.5
    Eclipse v3.3.1 Europa JEE Distro with Spring IDE v2.0.2
    Last edited by yohan; Feb 17th, 2008, 07:41 AM. Reason: added Eclipse version / Spring IDE version

This is not a real problem, just add persistence.jar to the buid path

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I know that it works when I add the persistence jar files. But the problem is, why does it have a dependency on it? Since my project does not use the JPA, I don't want to add the persistence jar files into it.

Can someone explain the dependency of JPA in detail?

Thanks.

Comment

maybe you are using a class from persistence API for an anottation

Comment

No, I am not using any class from JPA. The two classes I use for annotation are

org.springframework.context.annotation.Scope;
          org.springframework.stereotype.Controller;

The requirement for persistence jar files come only when I put the <context:annotation-config /> to my Spring Bean Definition file.

I am wondering if this is a dependency of the <context:annotation-config />.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X