X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find beanRefFactory.xml in EJB jar

I am using the following code to load my object from an EJB (not using Spring's EJB classes):

Code:
      public void setBeanContextName(String ctxName)
      {
        beanContextName = ctxName;
      }

public String getBeanContextName()
      {
          return beanContextName;
      }

public Object getBean(String bean)
      {
        BeanFactoryLocator bfl = SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.getInstance();
        BeanFactoryReference bf = bfl.useBeanFactory(beanContextName);
        return bf.getFactory().getBean(bean);
      }
    It is bean called during ejbCreate()

I have my beanRefFactory in the root directory of my EJB jar. The contents is as follows:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http&#58;//www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
     <beans>
       <bean id="my.beans"
             class="org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext">
         <constructor-arg>
           <list>
             <value>springCommon.xml</value>
             <value>META-INF/springContext.xml</value>
           </list>
         </constructor-arg>
       </bean>
     </beans>
    I get the following exception:
    org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to find resource for specified definition. Group resource name [classpath*:beanRefFactory.xml], factory key [my.beans]

As far as I can tell this exception means beanRefFactory.xml wasn't found in the path. Isn't the root of an EJB jar implicitly put in the classpath when calling code from inside the EJB?

In case people need a little more detail:

I'm running Weblogic 8.1. My EJB jar is directly deployed to the server, its not in an EAR. The EJB is not on the system classpath, just depoyed at runtime. I have 3 config files in the EJB jar:

beanRefFactory.xml
    springCommon.xml
    META-INF/springContext.xml

I've tried moving beanRefFactory.xml to a location outside the EJB to a place on the classpath. But then springCommon.xml can't be found.

Comment

As far as I can tell from research on this forum and the internet Weblogic does not implicitly place a loaded EJB jar into the classpath in its own classloader. An EJB classloader loads the classes explicitly, and reads the files in META-INF explicitly as well.

I believe the two options I have are:
      - Create an EAR.
      - Add "./" to the system classpath so that a jar can find resources in itself.

Comment

Working...
      X