X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 1.2 / Annotations

Is there any cvs branch/tag which i can use to get the 1.2 code from CVS? I was wondering in particular if using annotations as the source of validation configuration is available yet in 1.2 development.

Take a look at the CVS on SF.net: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p..._with_tag=HEAD
    Right now there isn't any branch created for 1.2, just get the HEAD from the CVS and look into the sandbox.

Comment

Feature Set

Also, is there any available list of features / changes which are planned for 1.2, as well as a potential release schedule?

Comment

The team can answer better this question but AFAIK, 1.2 release is scheduled for the end of March and the main 'attractions' are:
        - Hibernate 3 integration
        - JMX support
        - Enums (I think)

Comment

Here's the 1.2 and 1.3 features I gathered during talks at TSSS:

http://jroller.com/page/raible?ancho...ming_in_spring

Matt

Comment

Re: Spring 1.2 / Annotations

Originally posted by mattinger
            Is there any cvs branch/tag which i can use to get the 1.2 code from CVS? I was wondering in particular if using annotations as the source of validation configuration is available yet in 1.2 development.
            The only annotation support currently planned for 1.2 is for Transaction demarcation. That's currently found in a module in CVS called 'samples', with a specific project called 'tiger', parallel to the main 'spring' module.

Comment

I will give a crisp, clean Dollar Bill to any Spring admin who posts 1.2RC1..... like right now.

.... how about now.... ?

Comment

Alright, I'll add a shiny, golden Sacagawea dollar coin to the pot.

How about NOW?

Comment

1.2 RC1 will be early next week. You could try the nightly build. Hibernate 3 and JMX are already in there in the main source tree. Not yet TopLink (another new feature, but we're waiting on a code donation from Oracle) or annotations, which is still in a separate module.

Comment

Originally posted by costin
                    Take a look at the CVS on SF.net: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p..._with_tag=HEAD
                    Right now there isn't any branch created for 1.2, just get the HEAD from the CVS and look into the sandbox.
                    Note that most of the sandbox code (for example, JMX stuff) which is going to be in 1.2 has already been moved over.

Comment

Will the 1.2RC1 milestone build, mentioned for next week, contain integration with the XMLC presentation framework? I'll toss a crisp dollar bill in the pot for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by GoPokes64
                        Will the 1.2RC1 milestone build, mentioned for next week, contain integration with the XMLC presentation framework? I'll toss a crisp dollar bill in the pot for that one!
                        I can tell you right now that one's not going to happen for 1.2. Nobody's worked on XMLC support. I seem to remember something about Rod having some old code for XMLC, but none of that's ever made it into the codebase, and there actually has not been a lot of demand, so a lot of other things would be higher priority.

Not a bad idea for a spring related project though...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sampaleanu
                          I can tell you right now that one's not going to happen for 1.2. Nobody's worked on XMLC support. I seem to remember something about Rod having some old code for XMLC, but none of that's ever made it into the codebase, and there actually has not been a lot of demand, so a lot of other things would be higher priority.

Not a bad idea for a spring related project though...
                          I asked robh about XMLC support in 1.2 a couple of days ago and he indicated that he hoped to get it in 1.2. He told me to watch the milestone builds. That's why I asked. Maybe that's not the case?

Comment

Ok, that's news to me. I can see it making it into the Sandbox at least, if Rob has code.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sampaleanu
                              Ok, that's news to me. I can see it making it into the Sandbox at least, if Rob has code.
                              Sandbox code would be fine with me. I'm primarily a "presentation" guy, so integration code would help me a lot! I'm pushing the use of XMLC on a couple of future projects.

Comment

Working...
                              X